American Properties Realty, Inc., a licensed real estate broker, and its affiliates provide a full range of real estate services that align with the many needs of our clients. Our principals have over 40 years of professional experience in handling all phases of real estate evaluation, management, and development.
We aim to exceeding expectations with our focused and proactive strategy that maximizes profitability for our financial partners and/or investors. We recognize potential properties, create strategic partnerships based on surety of closure, and pride ourselves on rapid turnaround. Specifically, some of our services include:
- Site selection review
- Preliminary assessment of market value and suitability for intended use
- Environmental review
- Comprehensive physical and legal due diligence
- Negotiation of purchase agreements
- Funding and/or financing alternatives analyses
Our process involves other professional brokers for maximum exposure of your real estate asset including:
- Developing creative marketing programs based on the unique characteristics of the real estate asset
- Setting realistic price and terms based on current market conditions
- Soliciting brokerage participation to ensure maximum market exposure
- Screening and meeting with qualified investors to present the asset in a professional manner
Our programs enable our clients to:
- Control leasehold expenditures through aggressive management of critical dates and options
- Increase efficiency through effective space utilization
- Develop strategic marketing and sales plans that align with the business’ goals and communicate a client’s philosophy, tools and core practices effectively
- In providing access to valuable, detailed real estate data that we transform into meaningful management information to support improved decision-making.
- Oversee and direct the specialty leasing program in order to achieve income and occupancy goals
- Provide superior client service for maximum client satisfaction
- Develop and implement marketing programs in their entirety to meet strategic goals with three main areas of focus: leasing, sales, and alternative revenue
- Conduct budgeting, financial reporting, and forecasting analyses in addition to business analysis of sales and other statistical information
- Manage tenant communications and relations, research, public relations, media buying and analysis of results of programs
For secured creditors, a federal receivership can offer the quickest and most cost-effective method of gaining control over a borrower’s collateral upon default. A federal receivership maintains the value of the collateral by allowing the business to continue to operate. For the property owners, having a receiver in place can often help mitigate the fears of lenders that their collateral property is being adequately maintained and professionally managed.
As a receiver we will preserve and protect the collateral as well as the financial integrity of the business as a going concern. In addition, we may be able to stabilize the operations to mitigate further potential losses. This takes a particular expertise in working with property owners, creditors, and the court to act as a receiver on real estate; effectively a court appointed property manager.
We are also experienced in court ordered real estate auctions in and outside of bankruptcy court. We understand the complexity of dealing with the property owner, potential buyer, lender & the bankruptcy court.
Our property management services are all-encompassing (depending on your needs) so we may effectively and efficiently:
- Evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate
- Market the property for rent
- Manage tenant screening, selection, move-in/out
- Handle rent collection and evictions
- Advise on and adhere to legal requirements on the local, state, and federal level
- Perform inspections and develop condition reports
- Conduct related financial services
- Direct maintenance, repairs, and remodeling
Market feasibility of a project must be well established in order to attract investment/risk capital. Establishing realistic budgets and schedules provide the basis for proper financial evaluation of a project. Careful vetting and selection of project consultants can save considerable time and money throughout the development cycle.
We provide development project management from beginning to end.
Our development services team provides expert oversight of all phases of the development process, from project advisory and feasibility planning to project closeout.
From ground-up construction to build-to-suit or complex redevelopments, our project development services group has experience with all real estate classes. We have worked within office buildings, hotels, industrial facilities, and single/multi-family residential communities.
Our services include:
- Master planning and development feasibility studies
- Redevelopment and build-to-suit development
- Construction financing and management
- Development advisory and management of the project consultant team
- Developing preliminary and final budgets
- Creating realistic and achievable development schedules
- Investment development/decisions backed by financial analyses
- Highest and best use analysis
We have established best practices that drive operational efficiencies, reducing costs and cycle-times. Our clients are typically tenants with portfolios comprised of leased office, retail, industrial, and manufacturing properties. We work progressively with tenants to proactively manage their assets in offering the following services:
- Time Management through automation and access
- Lease Auditing and Real Estate Operational Auditing
- Lease Abstracting, Validation & Lease Abstract Design
- Desk Top, Lease Audit, and Lease Administration Training
- Lease Administration Systems
- Lease Administration and Temporary Placement
- FASB 13 Capital Lease Consulting
- Cost Control through Occupancy Cost Allocation Verification
- Rent Roll Due Diligence
- Corporate Governance / Compliance Maintenance
We also offering consulting, implementation, and ongoing management services in addition to our lease audit services in order add value through our technological solutions, implementation, and lease abstraction processes.
To learn more about our Consulting division, please Click here
The entitlement process is complicated, time consuming and can be costly, but to know what can be done with a piece of property is vital to determining the real estate feasibility of your project.
We assemble an experienced development team of architects, developers, lawyers, project consultants, civil, soil, landscape and structural engineers and consultants at the onset to help you analyze, review, interpret and advise on design studies, applicable zoning and code requirements, and maximum development potential of the property.
We build relationships with local government staff which streamline and help to expedite your approval process. Our experienced team of experts will be able to negotiate issues for you and eliminate additional requests by the local jurisdiction to avoid delays in obtaining your approvals.
Our services include:
- Zoning, rezoning, and zoning variances
- Use Permits
- Road approvals
- Community Outreach and Education
- Governmental Relations
- Public Hearings
- Document Preparation
- Issue Management
- Stakeholder Outreach and Negotiations
In the planning and design phase of each project we forge a partnership with the surrounding residents, businesses and social service providers. Our intention is to create a substantive dialogue between the development team and the community. This dialogue gives us an opportunity to incorporate the needs and concerns of the community into our planning, design, and execution. This relationship ultimately creates a structure to mitigate potential conflicts and fully integrate the project into the fabric of the community.
Many clients lack the expertise or choose not to staff locally for management of individual projects. Construction management services can provide an owner with ground level “eyes and ears” to achieve a successful outcome by:
- Developing an accurate scope of construction services
- Managing the bidding process/experience
- Coordinating/leading contractual negotiations
- Qualifying and soliciting proposals from architects, engineers, and contractors
Would we be the general contractor?
- Facilitating team integration to achieve valued engineering
- Establishing an active oversight of construction progress from start to finish
- Achieving successful project close-out and client acceptance
- Conducting financial audits to ensure contract compliance
One of the most critical activities to achieve successful real estate development involves thorough due diligence. This process can identify critical issues early in the transaction/development review. It requires an objective and dispassionate evaluation including:
- Reviewing current and potential zoning conditions
- Obtaining/reviewing environmental reports and title matters through our regulatory review process
- Determining utility service options and connection fees
- Highest and Best Use analysis to establish options for profitable development
- Monitoring of market conditions and potential for development by assessing all required approvals
The financial commitment of a real estate transaction or project may involve the participation of investors and lenders to achieve a successful outcome. Continuous monitoring and evaluation of budgets is critical to achieving the expected financial outcome by:
- Negotiating terms and coordinating agreements with equity/joint-venture partners
- Soliciting and evaluating commercial financing proposals
- Coordinating loan term negotiations with primary/mezzanine/equity lenders
- Providing budget and operating performance progress reports to lenders and partners